- MGH Biomedical Informatics Core
MGH Biomedical Informatics Core
The MGH Biomedical informatics Core (MGH BMIC) serves the information management and analysis needs of the MGH/Partners/Harvard research community as well as non-profit organizations and industry. MGH BMIC has expertise in biomedical informatics, and leverages re-usable tools developed by the group to offer services in a cost-effective manner.
Director: Timothy W. Clark
Associate Director (for initial inquiries): Sudeshna Das
Business Manager: Patti Davis
Faciilties and Equipments:
Location of Core: 65 Landsdowne Street, Suite 200, Cambridge, MA 02139
Major Equipment: N/A
- Scientific Community Websites – We develop online scientific community websites with extensive use of social media for research communities, departments and institutions. Features include discussion forums; news and commentaries; weekly paper collection with automatic nightly feeds from Pubmed; member directory and enhanced search capabilities. Graphic design and hosting is included in the service. We leverage a reusable platform, the Science Collaboration Framework (SCF) for this service. SCF has previously been used for several websites, notably: Pain Research Forum, Multiple Sclerosis Discovery Forum and StemBook.
- Bioinformatics Analysis – Our group provides bioinformatics and limited statistical support to researchers for manuscripts and grant applications. Sample analyses include protein annotation, microarray analysis, and next-generation sequencing pipeline execution. Free Consultation with an estimate of the work is provided to the researcher. Services include supervision by a senior bioinformatician and all required computing infrastructure.
- Biomedical Data Mgmt Solutions – We build biomedical data management solutions for complex genomics and other assay data. Researchers can share their experiments and data; annotate the biomaterials and assays with controlled vocabulary terms and perform initial data analysis. Enhanced search and browse capabilities are provided with the tool. We leverage the eXFrame platform for this service, which was used to develop Stem Cell Commons.
- Bioinformatics Training – We provide hands-on bioinformatics training sessions to small groups of researchers. Topics and content will be tailored to the audience.
- Knowledge-Base Development – We develop custom knowledge bases of diseases. Intense literature scanning is done by subject matter specialists and significant research hypothesis, claims and their evidence is curated in a semantic-web based platform for enhanced searches and interoperability with other knowledge repositories. All claims are linked to relevant proteins, organisms and cells for easy-to-use lookups.
- Custom Informatics Solutions - We can support various software solution needs including information management, database building, and website development or maintenance for your group. Please contact us for project estimates.
- Web Hosting - We provide and manage web-hosting through external vendors.
To access the core, please contact Sudeshna Das by email at email@example.com
Core specialized web address : MIND Informatics (http://www.mindinformatics.org/)