- Peptide/Protein Core Facility
Dear Core User,
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, per directives from Senior management at Partners and the Hospitals, this research core facilities will have a hiatus in their service offering. We will not be offering service till we are advised to resume operation.
Please stay safe in this challenging time and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Peptide/Protein Core Facility
The primary goal of the Peptide/Protein Core Facility is to provide advanced peptide/protein technology services to the MGH research community. The Core Facility, established originally as a resource for the Endocrine Unit and the Partners AIDS Research Center is now formally established as an institution-wide resource. The Core Facility primarily provides services of peptide synthesis and purification. It also provides protein/peptide sequencing, amino acid analysis and mass spectral analysis. Investigators from throughout the MGH consult with the staff of the Core Facility to facilitate the most effective use of the resources.
Currently, the Core Facility is supported by an NIH program grants to Endocrine Unit and the Partners AIDS Research Center, as well as by charges to individual groups of services rendered. It is expected that these sources of funding will remain the prime support for the Core Facility.
By supporting the Core Facility, the MGH investigators will ensure a very high quality service to the entire research community. This will result in faster and more efficient service, significant cost savings, and consultative services.
Director: Ashok Khatri
Phone: (617) 726-6187
Fax: (617) 724-7783
Phone: (617) 724-7782
Fax: (617) 724-7783
Facilities and Equipment:
Location of Core:
The Peptide/Protein Core Facility is located in Building 149, Room #4-314A in Charlestown Navy Yard.
The core has the following major pieces of equipment that are currently used in the facility:
1. Two Life Technologies/Applied Biosystems peptide synthesizers, Models 431A and A33A
2. Three AAPPTEC 396 Synthesizers, Models MBS, Omega and Apex
3. An Intavis, Model Multipep synthesizer
4. Two Waters Analytical HPLCs
5. A Waters Ultra High Pressure LC, UPLC
6. Three Waters semi-prep HPLCs for 5-50mg scale purifications
7. A Waters Delta-Prep System for 100-500mg scale peptide purifications
8. An Applied Biosystems Microbore HPLC
9. A Beckman HPLC
10. An ABI 491 Protein Sequencer
- Peptide Synthesis small scale (2-5 micromoles)
- Peptide Synthesis medium scale (25-50 micromoles)
- Peptide Synthesis large scale (100-250 micromoles)
- HPLC analysis
- Peptide Purification
- Protein Sequencing
- Mass Spec. analysis
- Conjugation of peptides to carrier proteins
To access the core, please contact Ashok Khatri at 617-726-6187 or by email at email@example.com